Showtown and Heritage Blackpool fall under the management of Blackpool Council. Blackpool Council respects your privacy and this page explains how Blackpool Council uses any information you give us via the Showtown or Heritage Blackpool Website.
Please support us in keeping the information you give us update by letting us know any changes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
The Heritage Service is based in the History Centre at Blackpool Central Library. The Service is tasked with preserving and recording our history and heritage for the future. Personal memories, objects and archives add to our historical memory and tell our story to future generations and for the long-term benefit of society.
The Showtown team is creating Blackpool’s first museum. The Museum will be family friendly, fun and entertaining. It will celebrate Blackpool as the home of popular entertainment and the nation’s favourite seaside resort.
Both teams jointly run a single volunteer programme which supports both organisations called Heritage Volunteers.
Many visitors, supporters and other interested people seek to access, use, experience, enquire of, and financially support our services.
In order to support the joint delivery of Showtown and the Heritage Service we process people’s information for the following reasons:
What information do we collect direct from you?
In delivering the museum and heritage service and fulfilling our roles we collect various information either through your voluntary participation and signed consent, or as part of our public task. Showtown and the Heritage Service have compliant Privacy notices for the range of services and activities we run. Our full service Privacy Notices can be viewed on the Privacy Notices page (link to https://www.blackpool.gov.uk/Your-Council/Transparency-and-open-data/Data-protection/Privacy-notices/Privacy-notices.aspx) of Blackpool Council website under cultural services and libraries. These notices detail the activities information and reasons this information is collected and include the administration of:
- our volunteer programme
- our newsletter
- our events and activity programme
- agreements with our funders
- our collecting activities
- our schools and engagement programme
This can include the collecting of:
- Contact details (name, address, postcode, telephone, email)
- Protected characteristic information including; ethnicity, age, gender etc
- Film footage, still photos, voice recordings
- Donations made – paper forms on gift aid no longer than 5 years,
- Emergency contact information
- Medical information
The Showtown and Heritage Website have a small number of online forms for the following purposes
- Schools and Groups
If you complete one of our forms, we will only use the information for the purpose for which you provide it. We will not use the personal information you give us for marketing purposes without asking you.
If you discover any information on our website pages that you believe to be inaccurate or inappropriate, or would like further information about these statements, please email email@example.com
Any information you supply voluntarily will be treated in line with the provisions of the current Data Protection Act and related legislation.
The information you supply may include your name, address and email address and may be collected when you request a service from Showtown or the Heritage Service, submit an email or feedback, or make or receive electronic payments. We will not collect personal information without your knowledge.
This information will be used by Showtown and Heritage Blackpool for a known purpose and will not be passed to outside organisations, agencies or individuals without your knowledge. But, you should note that specific information would be released if required by law.
General Mailing List
We use the service Mailchimp to deliver our mailing list. Names and email addresses are kept on Mailchimp’s server which is based in the USA. The Council have ensured that the appropriate safeguards are being met when you data is transferred out of the EU to the USA.
Mailchimp will not share your personal information with any others unless you give consent and/or we are required to do so by law.
What information do we collect automatically?
Strictly necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
• CRAFT_CSRF_TOKEN: Ensures visitor browsing-security by preventing cross-site request forgery. This cookie is essential for the security of the web site and visitor.
• CraftSessionId: Sets a unique ID for the session. This allows the web site to obtain data on visitor behaviour for statistical purposes.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
• _at.hist.#: Used by the social sharing platform Add This to store the user's usage history of the Add This sharing widget
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
• __atuvc: Updates the counter of a website's social sharing features.
• __atuvs: Ensures that the updated counter is displayed to the user if a page is shared with the social sharing service, Add This.
• _at.cww: Used by the social sharing platform Add This
• at-lojson-cache-#: Used by the social sharing platform Add This
• at-rand: Used by the social sharing platform Add This
• loc addthis.com HTTP 1 year: Geo location, which is used to help providers determine how users who share information with each other are geographically located (state level).
• uvc addthis.com HTTP 1 year: Detects how often the social sharing service, Add This, encounters the same user.
• xtc addthis.com HTTP 1 year: Registers the user's sharing of content via social media.
• Google analytics (TBA)
To delete cookies or reject cookies
We recommend you allow cookies we set by this website as they help us provide a better service.
If you do not want to receive cookies from this website you can reject them at any time through the cookie opt in panel.
Under settings you can also delete individual cookies or any cookies that your browser has stored.
You can opt out of receiving Google Analytics cookies by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on